We know there may be some questions about HOW we are doing live theatre currently, so we want to provide you with some details on how we are working to keep everyone safe during this time.
We are truly doing everything in our power to create a safe space for you to be able to enjoy some entertainment; an evening of high quality theater. Is it gonna feel a little weird? Sure. Is it worth going through all of this in order to at least provide the option of you having an evening out of your house? We believe it is.
Below you can see all of the precautions that we are taking in order to keep you safe, and, if you feel comfortable, we would love to see you (from a distance) to enjoy a night of live entertainment.
In an effort to keep our patrons, actors, volunteers, musicians, and staff safe during this time, Eight O’Clock Theatre and the CPPAC have implemented the following measures in accordance with CDC as well as local and state guidelines:
1. All surfaces will be sanitized before and after every performance.
2. The auditorium will open at 7:00 pm (same time as the lobby) to help maintain social distancing and avoid patrons congregating in the lobby.
3. Each audience member will submit to a temperature scan prior to entering the building and masks will be required at all times.
4. Socially distant audience cabaret seating 6 feet apart from one another.
5. Each cast member, musician, staff member, and volunteer will submit to a temperature reading prior to each rehearsal and performance.
6. Each cast member, staff member, and volunteer will wear a mask as often as possible during each performance
and will remain 6- 12 feet away from audience members at all times.
7. We will not recycle playbills at any performance, and a virtual playbill will be available to view!
8. There will be no 50/50 raffle in the lobby.
9. Patrons will remain seated after the show until they are excused by an usher.
10. Congregating in the lobby will not be allowed. If a family member is there to see a cast member after the show, they must wait in the parking lot .
11. Both of the cast members (only 2) will appear on stage separately for the majority of the show.
12. Each of the 6 musicians will be seated 6 feet away from each other, and located in a separate area behind the set, away from cast and audience.
13. All safety protocols will be followed backstage and in the green room/dressing rooms.
14. All props have been disinfected before and after each performance.
15. The cast will not appear in the lobby after the show.
16. There will not be an intermission. The show will run approximately 90 minutes long.
17. If the performance is canceled, the box office is fully prepared to refund your money.