We know there may be some questions about HOW we are doing live theatre, so we want you to envision with us...what would a Spelling Bee look like in the age of Covid?! Kids would be in masks, chairs would be spaced 6 feet apart, and the adults would reach new levels of OCD with sanitizer and disinfectant!
We are truly doing everything in our power to create a safe space for you to be able to enjoy some entertainment; an evening of light-hearted fun. Is it gonna feel a little weird? Sure. Is it worth going through all of this in order to at least provide the option of you having an evening out of your house? We believe it is.
Below you can see all of the precautions that we are taking in order to keep you safe, and, if you feel comfortable, we would love to see you (from a distance) and make you laugh.
In an effort to keep our patrons, actors, volunteers, musicians, and staff safe during this time, Eight O’Clock Theatre and the CPPAC have implemented the following measures:
1. All surfaces will be sanitized before and after every performance
2. The auditorium will open at 7:00 pm (same time as the lobby) to help maintain social distancing and avoid patrons congregating in the lobby
3. Each audience member will submit to a temperature scan prior to entering the building and masks will be required at all times
4. Socially distant audience cabaret seating 6 feet apart from one another.
5. Each cast member, musician, staff member, and volunteer will submit to a temperature reading prior to each rehearsal and performance
6. Each cast member, staff member, and volunteer will wear a mask as often as possible during each performance and will remain 6-12 feet away from audience members at all times
7. We will not recycle playbills at any performance
8. There will be no 50/50 raffle in the lobby
9. Patrons will remain seated after the show until they are excused.
Congregating in the lobby will not be allowed. If a family member is there to see a cast member after the show, they must wait in the parking lot
10. The spelling microphone will be disinfected after each speller
11. All audience volunteer spellers will remain seated at their table instead of joining the cast on stage as in most versions of this production
12. Each of the 9 cast members will wear masks during the performance
13. Each of the 4 musicians will be seated 6 feet away from each other, and located in a separate area behind the set, away from cast and audience
14. All cast contact onstage is limited
15. All safety protocols will be followed backstage and in the green room/dressing rooms
16. All props have been disinfected before and after each performance
17. The cast will not appear in the lobby after the show
18. In keeping with the tradition of this production, there will not be an intermission as the show is approximately 90 minutes long
19. If the performance is canceled, the box office is fully prepared to refund your money
Piquant fun, brobdingnagian talent, and hand sanitizer provided. Dictionary not included.